Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December Layers

So, what does a 61 year old retired lady, living in the countryside of Virginia really wear on a day to day basis around the house?
 It looks sort of like this, this time of the year... no big brand names, just this and that pulled from my closet with a number one commonality.
Each item must be comfortable.
One year old ponte pants that have a ton of stretch.  (I own three pair by the way)
An old faded chambray button down shirt.
Husband's old faded and shrunk up black crew neck sweatshirt. (He shares with me)
Last year's fur scarf purchased on clearance.
Clarks brand booties that both tie and have a side zipper for my high instep foot.
A gold runway watch by Michael Kors purchased a few years ago.
AND
my new black crushable Minnetonka leather hat.
 Once the house finally warms up for the day, off comes the fur scarf,
 and the necklace given to me last Christmas by a friend becomes the center of attention.
Nothing fancy on a cold, rainy winter day here in the country;
just simple comfort and layering, which is a must as the day goes from cold and damp, to warm and sticky, back to the chill of the day at sundown.

And THAT, my friends, is how we do it in the mountains of Virginia.

2 comments :

  1. You dress a heck of a lot nicer than I do when I'm just hanging around the house, lady! You put us all to shame!! I shall remember that the next time I'm planning a day of chores....try to step it up a little withe my clothing choices! You look fab, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me..Good that you have a husband..There are days (like today) that I don't get dressed..Max and Mollie don't care..Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete