Friday, April 6, 2018

Sunshiney Happy Things

 The screened porch is beginning to once again take shape for the warmer months of the year, and all furniture has now been 'untarped' and set into place for friends to enjoy with us.
The lawn is greening up, trees are flowering, and soon our mountain views will begin their disappearing act as the leaves sprout and block our view.
We still need to put the indoor/outdoor rugs into place and once the nights no longer drop freezing temperatures upon us, I will also add Boston Ferns to the macrame hangers.
LOVE those Boston Ferns... they are like a breath of fresh air to me.
The potted pansies are still giving us their daily smiles and will be for a while yet, since all they want is sunshine and watering and don't really care about the night temperatures.  Hardy little things!
They may get a surprise in the morning since snow is in the forecast.  icky poo.
 Sometime last week I shared a photo (a very poor photo) of my new bee pendant which I wear on a gold chain around my neck and this week I added to the fun with it's cousin, a bee on a hive pendant. There is a cat eye inside the hive.  Check out the new Shine collection by Pandora if you are interested in these charming bees.  We enjoy having bees buzzing all around our property throughout the summer months and hope that other people will join by making an effort to make their yards bee friendly as well.  NO CHEMICALS!
 I've ruined many a pair of socks by walking out the door, down the sidewalk and across our paved driveway without shoes.
Yesterday I made the effort to stop this sock killing nonsense and bought a $13 pair of rubber yard shoes at Wal-Mart. I can slip these off at the front door when I come inside and hope to make this a healthy 'save the socks' habit.

Happy shoes waiting to go outside today.

Wishing you a happy week-end!

3 comments :

  1. We are so windy/cold here . . .
    Your post was a welcomed sight!
    I am sitting here inside the house and enjoying a
    brief pop of sunshine every once in awhile.
    Amazing how warming a bit of sun can be.

    Great to see your porch coming together . . .
    I find porch sitting one of my top ten favorites!
    Thank you for the teaser!
    Love you gold bees . . .
    Like seeing your green too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't even begun to think about 'untarping' anything. It has been extremely cold and I want no parts of sitting outside. I ended up buying some of those paint tarps you recommended and they worked out wonderful. Thank you so much for the suggestion! Looks like spring may make an appearance later this week... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love this time of the year! My husband and I have been working in the yard a lot lately. I want to plant more bee and butterfly friendly flowers. I need to stop by Wal-Mart and look for a pair of gardening shoes too. I ruined a good pair by stepping in our red clay soil.

    ReplyDelete