Saturday, March 31, 2018

Bugs And Bees

 Let me first apologize for the not greatest of quality in these photos.  Jewelry is somewhat difficult to focus the camera onto and get a good shot of.
And the old woman hands don't help, but hey.... when you age you age.

In the late 60's and early 70's I had a silver charm bracelet, and to this day I still have it.
One of my favorite charms was this fly.
A fly you ask?  But why a fly?
The truth is I have no worldly idea why a fly.
I must have just thought it was cute and different from what everyone was adding to their charm bracelets...
I mean hearts?  BORING!
So yes.  I still have the not so boring fly.

If you do your best to stay atop the national news as I do, then you know that honey bee hives have been collapsing in large numbers, which, if they all go, it will have a profound effect on humans' capability to grow many foods.
Not interested?  Let them eat cake you say?
Well, there may not be any cake, so you better load up on a few slices now if you don't see this as an important issue.

Oh golly... there I go shoving my opinions down other people's throats.
*yawn*

While at the mall last week I came across this adorable bee charm
in 18k gold overlay in their new Shine collection.
They had sold out of the chain, so instead I visited another store that sells this same jewelry brand and purchased an 18" 14k gold chain where this bee is now buzzin' at all times.
On the chain around my neck.

During the mid 80's and into the 90's working girls (in the city) wore multiple gold chains of different lengths with charms
on them.  I had a few gold chains back then, because 14k gold was MUCH less expensive then.  These days if you want more than one you need to have a bit more spending cash in  your bank account....

So, I am in love with the new Shine collection of jewelry that Pandora offers, and not all of their stores sell the line, and many are sold out.... even online.

If you are interested in their new line of jewelry, check with a local Pandora store and ask when they will have it, or keep checking their online website for a re-stocking.

I soooo wish the photos would come out clearer since it's so darned cute.

No comments :

Post a Comment