Friday, June 10, 2016

Low Cholesterol Recipes

That old cholesterol level just keeps creeping up on me so once again I am eating
meals that will hopefully help to take care of this problem.

Here are a few low cholesterol recipes that may or may not work for you,
because we are all different from one another.

Parmesan Potato Pancakes
Turkey burgers, although they tend to be dry, so don't be afraid to add ingredients for moisture such as diced celery, diced apple, diced pear, red onion, bell pepper, etc.  I am tempted to try a bit of applesauce too!
but do add some additional ingredients.

They are great with a side veggie of green beans or asparagus.
*image by Diane Cayton-Hakey*

This is one I WILL be making later today.
Black Bean and Corn Salad by Rachel Ray and found on
Food Network
Also keep in mind that, if like my husband, you don't care for black beans, you could substitute with a different bean.

Here is a good looking salad.
Don't you just love these how to videos?
I know I do!!

Cooking Light has a reminder of the five ways to help lower cholesterol. 

 And then.... there is always salmon.
Grilled and then flaked into the lettuce salad of your choosing.

 Or cooked salmon that is then shaped into burgers!
 and topped with creamed peas.

Or serve after grilled with a tasty brown rice and veggie mix done on top of the stove.
I hardly think you need a recipe for any of the salmon meals.

Try a few of these and good luck with lowering YOUR cholesterol too!!

2 comments :

  1. Photos and suggestions look and sound good . . .
    I seem to be always trying to "help" some part of my diet/health.
    Thankful I have been intentional with doing so these past weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good! (Almost) summer calls for lighter fare and this all fits the bill. xoxo

    ReplyDelete