Wednesday, December 20, 2017

No More Fashion Click Baiting

Why make things so difficult for your readers?

I've been jamming on my blog for a long time now, and sometimes I do fashion posts, to which.... if an item is still available, I place a link to it on the retailer's website.  Simple and easy..... makes things nice for my readers who enjoy shopping.

I visit one blogger's website, which she talks mostly about fashion and shows her wearing an outfit pretty much every day, but I have a beef with her and also with a few other bloggers who just make things so damned hard and I am not understanding why.

Okay... so this blogger shows herself in an outfit and no links to anything she is wearing.... 
THEN
You go to another page she has for additional information on the outfit, but nothing is there!
So, you click on her Instagram page, again with no info other than a link to LikeToKnow.... 
Does it have to be so difficult?
Can't people just link to items on their blog post?

I'm simply not going to read her blog anymore since she makes the entire process of getting to a link on the items so damned hard.
Is this what fashion blogging has come to?

I understand that she is most likely trying to direct more traffic to her Instagram page, but it's just so ridiculous.
Click to get to post.
Then click to get to her other page.
Then click to get to Instagram.
Then click to get to LikeToKnow.

She has got to be kidding me.
Just simplify.
Get rid of your fashion blog if it's nothing more than click bait to your Instagram page.
Can you tell I'm fed up?
 
 

2 comments :

  1. I understand where you are coming from. I hate that and I wouldn't read that blog either. When it's all about the clicks then it's no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I would like to see “this chick”
    and all the “clicks” to know which one
    I don’t want to visit . . .
    Love ~
    “curious”

    ReplyDelete