Friday, November 10, 2017

As It Fades

The autumn 'look' of November is fading, and with a combination of the rains of the past week and the freezing temperatures which will fall over us for three nights in a row beginning tonight, you can bet that the leaves on these trees of orange and gold will soon be gone for another year.  
Yes, it's the beginning of the 'bleakness' that we live in while Mother Nature rests throughout the winter months and slowly prepares herself for the soft green colors of springtime.  This bleakness shall pass... we just need to remember to keep more lights turned on around the house to remind us at noon that it is daytime.  LOL  Gray skies can sure leave you wondering what time of day it is, and sunsets come far too soon.  Time to give Izzy her daily melatonin since without it she loses her hair in a zigzag pattern come springtime. Poor girl.... or maybe she is trying to make a fashion statement ?

Here is a video showing what could be the last of our autumn colors as cold temperatures set in.
Now where did I put that heavy quilt for the bed?



My Movie 1 from Diane Cayton-Hakey on Vimeo.


3 comments :

  1. It was all green here (very unusual) until about a week ago. Now the color and the cold have shown up. I suspect the trees will be bare very soon. I need to find my quilt, too! Love the video...especially the leaves blown gin the driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves were so pretty here today, especially with the clear blue skies. It was cold though. I expect the leaves to all fall as soon as we get the next rain and wind. I was outside trying to absorb some of that sunshine today.

    When the leaves are off the trees the bleakness sets in for me. The lights all come on as soon as the sun even starts to set and on cloudy days I have lights on inside all day. I'm taking prescription strength vitamin D this year. I hope it will help with the winter blahs that I am prone to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent the weekend blowing, collecting, moving leaves.
    A daunting task each fall season.
    Made a huge dent . . . and then I look up and see all the trees with leaves still hanging on.
    Sharp frost here for several nights.
    Thanks for the video . . .love seeing the colors and your lovely home!

    ReplyDelete