Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Sky For Lovers

 My husband and I went out for an early dinner today.  It was our Valentine's dinner since he will be somewhere else on Valentine's Day.
We missed spending Christmas together and were not about to give up another special holiday, especially a holiday meant for lovers.

 He had beef medallions, and some superb red mashed potatoes, all with gravy on top and a light salad on the side,
followed up with a cake for dessert called Death By Chocolate. 
The man cannot have enough chocolate to sate his appetite for it.

 I chose crab cakes and french fries, also with a light salad. and a cup of green tea to warm me from today's weather of non-stop flurries and accompanied by dropping temeperatures.
Carrot cake found it's way in front of me as my dessert.
Now how did that happen?
Who ordered cake??

 As we drove towards home I noticed a ball of fire... FIRE FIRE FIRE in the western sky, otherwise known as the setting sun, but I had not taken my camera with me to the restaurant, so I had to wait until we were home to catch the last glimpses of it. 

There it goes... downward on the far side of the Shenandoah Mountains.
Kicking myself for not taking my camera with me since the sky had obviously been aglow in red for all of we Valentine Lovers.

Hope your day on Saturday will be filled with love.


2 comments :

  1. You captured a gorgeous sunset. And that meal sounds perfect. Do you share desserts? I would want some of each....

    ReplyDelete