Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dawn Or Dusk?


 A few mornings ago I awoke to bitter cold and wind as I went outside with the pups.

 This is the view west.
Yes.
I said west.

 Seemed strange that the view to the east where the sun was rising was not photo worthy,
but to the west the sky was filled with pinks and lavenders.

 The pups had run off in this direction, but I didn't wish to follow after them since I was dressed like an old woman (sometimes I forget that I AM an old woman)
but I really was dressed like and old woman with my sweats under the old mens' robe that my husband had passed down to me after buying a newer and longer one for himself.
And then a coat and scarf and my famous furry Russian styled hat, feet donned with slippers, hands snuggled into gloves, all was covered except my nose.

 I headed back towards the house and snapped a quick shot of the southern sky as well.  It was afire in morning light.

Then it was back to the front porch and a yell to get the dogs back where they belong.
I thought it was curious that the eastern sky bore no signs of the sun coming up.
Boring in fact.
The pups arrived and we all headed indoors.
Coffee awaited me.

 It never did warm up that day and the fireplace saw much use.
Just another day in paradise.


1 comment :

  1. Beautiful pink/reddish sky in the west!
    I'd love to catch sight of you in your walking garb!

    ReplyDelete