Saturday, November 22, 2014

What November Is Like

 When the fashionable orange and gold leaves of October hit the ground in November the reality of winter being on the way becomes very real.

 The world takes on a look of being barren and all you want to do is draw your coat a bit closer and your hat a wee bit tighter to the ears in order to keep the chill away.

 I had just purchased a new pair of shoes/boots for walking, finally a brand that I can wear and not limp by the time I reach the end of my walk, when the unnatural cold temperatures set in.
Temperatures of January and February in November.
This is not what any of us signed up for when it comes to the term 'autumn'.

 This is a home I pass by while walking our road.
It sits on a hill in all of it's contemporary glory.

 I have always been drawn to the look of a contemporary styled house and if this ever goes on the market I hope to be able to peek inside to see if it is worth bidding on or if it needs too many updates.

 This one sits directly across the street from the one story contemporary home, it's more a style that my husband loves... too many peaks on the roof for my liking and WAY TOO BIG.
But it could belong to you or me for $1.2 million dollars... at least that is the asking price.
AND  the golf course is directly across the street.

 But, back to talk of November.
We have no snow.
just icy temperatures
and new walking shoes for my feet.

 Today the plan is for me to go in search of a carpeting that would be appropriate and good looking on the basement stairs.

It's something to do on an icy day.
AND
everyone else will be at the mall
so I won't be tripping over baby strollers or whacked in the back of the legs with a shopping cart.
It's November,
time to strap on your shopping armor!

What's your plan for the day?



1 comment :

  1. Lovely November settings near and where you live.
    No need for the shopping mall . . .

    ReplyDelete