Monday, November 24, 2014

Tired Of Poop Brown

 A month ago my husband said.... after painting a bathroom, an office, two bedrooms and touch up in the kitchen.... that he was DONE painting,
and then last week he told me to choose paint for the laundry room.
I'm not so sure I am in love with the color I chose, since I wanted a gold tone and he was already up to his eyeballs with two yellow bedrooms and a yellow office.

 BUT
today the laundry room is being cleared out to get rid of the last of the poop brown walls on the main floor of our home, and this will end up being a peachy color if I remember correctly since selecting it and bringing it home.
Not sure peachy is my thing either, but it's just paint, right?  And not poop brown paint.
OH... and by the way... the main large main room of the basement is also brown.
*sigh*
But it will probably stay, unless my husband gets a wild hair and needs another project.

 These photos do not do justice to just how dark this brown paint is.
You can't see in the laundry room unless the overhead light is on.
IT'S DARK!

So, here we go..... another day of the house being torn apart as we move forward in our quest to make this house OUR home rather than the decor choices of the previous owner.

Ciao.


2 comments :

  1. Ah yes, I went through my brown phase too. I chose a Behr Toasted Cashew for the back room and really like it. And I'm thinking that my walls in the living room don't really go all that well with the new kitchen. But that's too bad. I will find a way to tie them together because we really like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think yours is dark . . You should see our LR . . . Espresso . . . I still like it but my hubs is not a fan.
    I'd like a complete interior redo. New hard wood throughout, kitchen remodel, lighter woodwork . .
    And that is as far as I get! . . . Sounds like way too much work.

    ReplyDelete