Sunday, October 1, 2017

Potted Mums Are Dying

 Here are just a few photos of the front porch ready for the fall season.
 My mums look perky and healthy on the day I brought them home, but I have to say that this year mums are just not doing all that great.  They have died within just a few days, and in previous years have not done so.



 I think it was due to temperatures in the high 80's for an extended period of time.
I've tried more watering on some and less on others, with more sunshine for some and less for others
and nothing has worked.

 The pumpkins, however, are happy as always.
No care needed.
 I always plant a few fall flowers on the back deck and in pots on the back patio, but I am hesitant this year to even try since tossing my money away simply does not float my boat.
If summers continue to be hot for so long, then my potted flowers may just be a thing of the past.
Have any of you had your potted mums die early this year?
But oh how I love the colors!!

3 comments :

  1. I haven’t gone on my Pumpkin Hunt yet . . .
    but Frosty has been around so now the change up happens for me.
    Love this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had 38 degrees two nights in a row.... not quite frosty yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought some last weekend. They are doing ok, but we've been so HOT and DRY! They aren't liking it very much either. Love your fall decor. Wish the temperatures felt more like it...

    ReplyDelete