Thursday, January 14, 2016

What's In The Pot

Sitting here after a breakfast that was not so good for me, that included some sausage that was way too fatty.... but my husband prepared it without asking if I wanted any, so.... in a way I felt obliged to eat it.
UGH.
Not a good thing for my weight loss or the old arteries.
So, here are a couple of things that we have eaten lately that are a wee bit better for us.
 A few days ago I had this for breakfast.... sort of my version of an egg omelet that included cannelloni beans instead of meat, a few onions, and some avocado slices. 
Once the omelet was folded and on my plate I added just a small amount of salsa.
It was delicious!
FYI:  If you are trying to keep your salt intake down, rinse the beans before using since all canned items contain a lot of salt.  AND, I find the juice they are packed in to be GROSS!
 Cabbage has been on the menu a few times as well.
We cut it into one to two inch sized squares and then sauté a bit in olive oil, sprinkle with some celery seeds and a bit of pepper.
Unsalted butter, just a tad, can also be used, but go sparingly with it.
Now, top it with some cubed grilled chicken breast left over from the previous night's dinner and you have created a super delicious and healthy meal.
We will be having this again!

And THAT my friends is what's been in our cooking pot.

2 comments :

  1. The eggs look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of fun to "create" some "good for you" foods isn't it.
    Cabbage sounds good that way!

    ReplyDelete