Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Has It Sprung?

 Your area of the country may be digging out of snow, or simply waiting for those heaps and heaps of it to melt and just GO AWAY!  We, on the other hand, have not had much of it this year, and now it's been rainy days followed by sunny days and over 70 degree temperatures driving us to even eat dinner on the screened porch last night.
 My husband gave me a gift card to Home Goods for my birthday a few weeks back, and as I was about to spend it and standing in line at the check outs, I noticed some really cute cloth carrots.
SPRINGTIME I shouted under my breath!
 So I grabbed two bunches of them and placed them in a wooden, elongated bowl/container which I had bought there a month or so ago.... they fit perfect and look great on the mantle in my springtime vignette.
 I took down all of the wintry pine cone branches and all of our birthday and valentines, as well as thank you cards we had received from the grandchildren, and I totally spruced this place up into a cheerier looking family room, which is at the center of our home.




 All of the yellow silk forsythia flowers are from years past, and since I place them in large Rubbermaid tubs when not in use, they stay quite nice from year to year.
I need to look at our live forsythia bush and see if it is blooming yet. The ones in the Roanoke Valley are all yellow now!
Happy bushes!!


 I've had the little brown bunny a few years and don't recall where I purchased him, but he hops onto the mantle every spring.




 The large hare is one of two that I have... the other one which is in our bedroom, and the gold LOVE artpiece is new this year and can be purchased at a Pier One store.  Our local store had been sold out after Valentines Day, but Monday they received a new shipment.... so I headed there yesterday since it was an item I REALLY thought I needed.
I LOVE IT and can use it year round if I choose to.
So thats' it.  I am ready for spring already, and even if we get more snow, well.... I really don't care, because in my heart spring has sprung already.

1 comment :

  1. SPRUNG for you indeed . . .
    Love the gold love . . . and the carrots . . .
    Thanks for the “spring tease” . . .

    ReplyDelete