Saturday, February 3, 2018

For Your Sweetheart's Breakfast

PANCAKES!
My husband is the cook in this house, and that's a good thing, since it's never been something I enjoyed doing.  I suppose you could call me a 'survival cook'.  I cook, only so that I can eat something to survive.  LOL  He cooks because he finds it to be more of an art?  Well, that's a weird way of putting it on my part, but it seems that he is always looking up recipes and trying something new.  
It's not quite 8AM as I type this, and already I hear something sizzling out on the stove.

A few times this past year he has made us pancakes for breakfast.  Now, I love pancakes, but do find them a bit heavy on the stomach at times, which brings me to what I remember having as a child.  Mom would make pancakes, but once in a while she made what we referred to as 'flapjacks', which were actually crepes.
Very thin pancakes that we then sprinkled with a bit of sugar and rolled up.  At least that's what my quite aged memory remembers them to be.

Gina at Skinny Taste had a lovely post about her recently passed Dad's recipe for crepes this morning HERE

I enjoyed this post about PANCAKES AROUND THE WORLD, which also has a nice video on  how easy it is to make Crepes.

Crepes, or flapjacks as we called them, are easy and fun and can be filled with the filling of your choice, so GO FOR IT!



4 comments :

  1. I might give this a try . . .
    I find pancakes a bit “heavy on the tum” too!
    (I wish Mister Irish liked to cook!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening.
    Japan is 11 afternoon on 4th,
    Thank you for a wonderful newsletter. Always waiting forward to.
    The snow festival of Hokkaido Sapporo is held.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited your blog for the first time and just been your fan and get many informative information about the body care, best clinic,etc. I Will be back often to check up on new stuff you post wll done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Post is very useful, I am truly to this blog which is specilly design about the vegetable plants It helped me with ocean of awareness so I really appreciate your blog.
    vegetable plants

    ReplyDelete