Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Beanie And A Jacket


 Snow late last night and today fell, although not in the mass quantities we had hoped, since it is January after all, and we are already a wee bit short on moisture if our springtime flowering plants are to sing their praises come April and May.
The weather called for a coat and hat, even though I only went as far as stepping out onto the front porch.  No need to take the risk of slipping and breaking a body part.  I'm pretty careful about that!

 So I donned a jacket, done in a barn style I suppose you could say, with a buffalo red and black on the bottom half and a green silky type fabric up top.  It zips and snaps.  The sleeves are light weight, so this is not a sub zero coat for sure.
Coat HERE, at Orvis if there are any left.

The DI gold necklace was a Christmas gift from my husband, the Chloe brand, the ALPHABET CHAIN, and an item I had wanted for nearly a year.... but I waited so that he could get me something romantic for my present this year.  I first noticed it on Amie Song's website.... Song of Style, and I've been wearing it nearly every day.
 My photos don't show it, but I am wearing my black stretch ponte pants... I have had them forever now, and they are no longer available on Macy's online store or in their stores at the mall.
Discontinued.
Bummer since I reaaalllly like them a bunch and a half.
My hat is so fun! It has a black fuzzy pom pom on top and tons of silvery decorations all around the edge of the hat.
It was purchased at one of Roanoke's old downtown specialty shops.  You just never know what fun items you'll find when you step into one of the downtown stores.

So, that's it for this old gal as I wish you each a warm and wonderful rest of the week.
It's hump day, and in honor of that fact, I made another video.... because the roads are slick and we can't go anywhere..... it was just something to do.

Ciao, from Life On Sprinkle.




3 comments :

  1. Love the jacket, I see they have a vest too . . .
    I like the jacket best . . .
    Great hat with some sparkly and a fuzzy Pom Pom to boot!
    I would say a David finds you very special with your gold . . . NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried shopping Poshmark for discontinued items? I haven't, yet, but our daughter loves it. Right now, I need a raincoat ... I think that may be my first purchase, if I find one that I like.

    ReplyDelete