Friday, December 15, 2017

Wearing Older Purchases

 The blogs that focus mainly on fashion, new fashion, don't show you often what happens to all of those clothes in their closets, but here's a bit of me wearing older purchases.  Items that I wear over and over again and am not out to sell you or make a few dollars on clicks.
BUT, if you have any questions I am happy to answer.
 The hat, a Russian looking furry hat, is one that has been in my winter wear since the early 2000's when we lived in Columbia, Maryland, and the Hechts Department store was one of the anchor stores at the  Columbia Mall.  It has been and still is the warmest winter hat I have ever owned.  
It's a Ben Berger Luxury Collection hat.  I've seen these hats on pre-owned clothing websites, in fact today I noticed a leopard print one which I may need to purchase!
My pretty turquoise plaid scarf is from a local ladies store, Penelopes, not to bulky, so it wears easily and we 'ladies of age' don't feel as if we need to rip it off when hot flashes occur.  Doesn't that just bug you when you are out and about and suddenly feel the urge to rip things off your body in order to be comfortable?  LOL  I know I DO!

As for the other items:
Jeans by INC at Macys last year
Purse by Fossil (my favorite leather) A few years ago
Chili pepper purse charm from Kate Spade, last year
Black leather jacket from Talbots last year 
Black vest by Jones New York at Macys a few years ago
White turtlenck from Wal-Mart many moons ago
Gold hoop earrings (have had FOREVER)

And I was going out shopping today but we just had snow flurries so the roads could be slick.
Danger Will Robinson!
May need to just stay home today.

2 comments :

  1. Yes, please stay off the roads! I am not sure I could possibly remember where or when I purchased older clothes. I know after my recent trips to AmVets, I don't have as many as before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can usually be found in my “oldie but goodies” . . .
    And change “my look” with one of my many scarves . . .
    Amazing how we can change things up with a bit of color/design around the neck.

    A vest is like one of my staples . . .
    Nice when I want to be warm,and perfect when I don’t need a coat or jacket . . .

    Never have I purchased clothing in a recycle shop . . .
    Although I have donated many things through the years.

    A “Sprinkle Look” is a treat see . . . even with the “Russia” theme . . .
    Some days warmth and comfort is the only way to go.
    Especially with a Kate Spade pepper bauble on a leather bag . . .

    The money I have spent on leather, bags, purses, clutch . . .
    could feed a starving family for many moons . .
    I changed that up a few years ago . . . when I went to a clutch style.
    My back, neck shoulders said “thank you.”

    ReplyDelete