Sunday, August 20, 2017

Pork and Pepper Poppers Too!


 Our Saturday evening meal could not have been tastier.
Friday was grocery day so I picked up a couple of bone in pork chops at Kroger.
BIG THICK PORK CHOPS
 As I was making my selection at the meat counter I also noticed some cheesy, stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers in the meat case.  I could have simply picked up some fresh jalapenos, stuffed and wrapped them myself at home, but why do that when the work was already done for me.
We placed them on the grill next to the chops and nibbled their deliciousness along with the chops for our dinner.
*note: probably would do them in the oven next time since the bacon grease TOTALLY flared up the flames on the grill which made it difficult to keep the heat under control*
And of course, what would a summer meal be without a baked acorn squash from our very own garden?
Summertime food is totally killer when it comes to the taste buds.

More tomatoes are ripening into sweet, shiny, red colors on the vine.
More acorn squash is on it's way,
and
we now have bell peppers too.
We will be doing stuffed bell peppers very soon.

Great tasting food....it's what we live for each and every summer.

1 comment :

  1. I think EATS with you would be a wonderful treat . .
    (Great idea . . . the "poppers" with the pork!)

    ReplyDelete