Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Season Preparations


 This morning I headed straight to the kitchen because I knew there was good reason to get going early.

 Most of our Thanksgiving meal ingredients were purchased last week, but there are always those last minute items as most of us know too well, and the crowds from now until January 5th will be insane, so being organized is essential.

 I began writing down the few things needed, i.e. fresh whipping cream, French style green beans, butter, a Razzleberry Pie, for we humans,
and bag of dry dog food, as well as some Pill Pockets for Izzy's nightly melatonin pill.

 Now we are all home, tucked inside our house as my husband does a second coat of paint on the trim in the laundry room.  As you can see, Rowdy is hanging close in my office since any form of construction, ladder banging, etc., makes him ill at ease.

We will get through this, Rowdy.
Not only the noisy sounds of your dad as he does home improvements,
but also the holiday season which can be a bit un-nerving on all of us.

Are YOU ready for the busiest season of the year?




2 comments :

  1. I do not like the crowds . . . you said it best . . .
    It is best to be organized at this time of the year!
    Poor Rowdy . . . and Izzy with nighttime issues . . .
    I hope some snow arrives for those "4-legged gems!"
    Happy Thanksgiving Diane . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heading out this morning EARLY, before the insane people hit the store. I was organizing my previously random list into sections at 5:30, in hopes that it will get me out the door more quickly. I hate the last minute shopping. Actually, I hate pretty much all shopping. Can I say "Bah, humbug!" for Thanksgiving, too? :)

    ReplyDelete